Friday, December 23, 2016

Patina


The Walt Disney Concert Hall is located in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles, home of the L.A. Philharmonic and Symphony. It was designed by Frank Gehry who built the concert hall with a modern decor. There are two options for dining at the Walt Disney Concert Hall: Patina and Concert Hall Cafe.

Side note: I had a $50 birthday coupon to dine at Patina as December is/was my birthday month. Guests can choose between a three course meal or a seven course meal. I chose the three course meal. Each course is "petite", but a three course meal was sufficient for me. I made reservations for "Table For One", but I plan to return again, hopefully with another guest who is willing to spend money for at a fine dining restaurant.

Patina is a very elegant, upscale French restaurant, founded by Joachim Splichal in 1989. Patina was originally located in Hollywood, CA. Then it moved to Downtown Los Angeles where it is now located the Walt Disney Concert Hall.


Patina Bar


Dinner Roll in a napkin beautifully made into a "flower"

Amuse Bousche - yogurt with kumquat

Sweetbread with cauliflower, fried capers, toasted pinenuts, and brown butter sayabon

Milk fed Porcelet - with crispy belly, mustard, medjool date, trotter and fuji apple


Apple Strudel (or apple pie) with crispy apple slices, and fennel ice ceam
(I can't remember the other items  that were mentioned to me and the menu description was very vague). 

Complimentary dessert after the dessert

Complimentary Birthday Box of Chocolates

No comments:

Post a Comment