Monday, November 5, 2018

Writers Conference 2018 - San Diego


During the weekend of 26 - 28 October 2018, I attended a Writer's Conference at the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla (San Diego), CA. This year marked the tenth annual for this event. I wished I was able to attend all three days, however, I was not able to attend on Saturday, 27 October. I hemmed and hawed a great deal whether it was worth my time, commute (one and a half hours with no traffic), and money to be there. I looked over the schedule for the classes/workshops and read the description for each several times. While the conference was geared more towards novelists and book authors, I decided that some of the classes were very useful and helpful for travel writers like me. I learned a lot of great information from the classes that I was interested. I also had every intention to network with the other attendees who were there. Being an introvert that I was, I did talk with a few attendees, but I didn't make any connections like exchanging contact information. How do I make myself become more sociable and extroverted??

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I may consider going to this conference again next year. It really depends on the classes/workshops being offered (will be announced in the Spring 2019). Although Los Angeles is much closer to me than La Jolla/San Diego, I may consider going to one here (it is in June 2019). I have to see the full class schedule (not yet ready for viewing) first.

No comments:

Post a Comment