Sunday, July 21, 2019

Summer DineLA at Patina

DineLA, restaurant week, in Los Angeles is held in January and July every year. I've visited a few restaurants for DineLA in January (different years), but I haven't been very consistent at making a post and sharing photos. 


Patina Restaurant is located at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles and serves Contemporary French Cuisine. I have been to this restaurant before, but I usually go in December (my birthday month) and I usually order from their regular three-course menu. While they do have their regular three-course menu and Chef's Tasting during DineLA, this was the first time that I came here to try out their DineLA five-course menu. Every meal I had here was amazing, remarkable and astounding. The wait staff and management were always amiable, charming and delightful. This is the only fine dining restaurant that I've been to more than once. While the food is amazing, I keep coming back mainly for their customer service. The wait staff, especially management, is charming and extremely sweet.

Normally, I prefer to make my blog posts about different events and places very unbiased so that readers can decide on their own terms to try (or not) these different events and places, but when I've been to the same restaurant and made a blog post more than once, it's hard to continue sounding unbiased. If you're curious, here is my first blog post and my second blog post.

Please forgive as I don't have the names to each plate or bite as not all of them were listed on the menu and I can never remember the names to all of them even though the wait staff always tells me.



rye bread (top) and brioche (bottom). I also tried the miso bread and fig (?) bread, but the brioche and fig were my favorites
Hokkaido Scallop Crudo
Braised Veal Tortellini

Wild Long Island Skate Wing
Binchotan Grilled Snake River Farms Ribeye
Summer Fruit Pavlova
Strawberry Sorbet


No comments:

Post a Comment